Here is a list of NCAA Division II rules for recruiting and scholarships. These rules are very similar to the Division I format but tend to be more lenient.
Recruiting Info, Off-Campus Contact and Phone Calls
- Starting on June 15th prior to the potential student-athlete’s junior year in high school, a Division II coach can email, call or schedule an off-campus visit with the PSA and their parents.
- There is no limit on the amount of times and NCAA Division II school can host an PSA on an unofficial visit (unpaid). The only time a PSA can't visit a school is during a "Dead Period"
- NCAA Division II programs can begin hosting PSA's on official (paid) visits starting 1st day of classes the PSA's senior year of high school.
- There is no limit on the total amount of official (paid) visits that can take place for either the program or PSA.
- NCAA Division II coaches can recruit at all times except during two 48 hour dead periods
- NCAA Division II schools have a maximum of 9 total full-scholarships that they will break down into multiple scholarship packages for multiple PSA's
- Most programs at the Division II level aren't fully funded even with 9 full scholarships
- In order to receive academic aid from a NCAA Division II program you must meet 1 of the 3 following requirements
- Upper 20% of high school class
- 3.5 high school GPA or higher
- 100 sum ACT score or SAT equivalent
Have a general question? Need help deciding what's the best option for you or your child? Fill out the form below and a Zoned representative will contact you as soon as possible.