2018 Zoned Scholarship
The Zoned scholarship is a yearly scholarship program put in place to assist college bound baseball and softball players. It was formed to help student-athletes with college expenses (books, meal plan, room & board). It has been in place since 2007, and each year has awarded $10,000.00, divided up among 6 deserving athletes. Since its inception, Zoned has given out over $100,000 worth of scholarships!
Requirements for Award Applicants
1. Must have been a participant in Zoned Sports Academy (Zoned Inc.) programs for one year prior to award eligibility.
2. Must have been actively involved in community service and with their high school baseball or softball programs.
3. Applicants must be outstanding in character, integrity and leadership on their baseball or softball teams, as well as in their communities.
4. Applicant must have a high school, or equivalent, cumulative grade point average of 2.75 by the end of the next to last marking period prior to graduation. If applicant does not have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or greater prior to their final graduation marking period, a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 for the final 5 marking periods prior to the final graduation marking period will be accepted as the qualifying grade point average criteria. Proof of such to be submitted by way of an authorized high school transcript.
5. Must not have received additional scholarship / grant / aid awards totaling more than 75 percent of their attending institution's yearly full time enrollment costs, exclusive of the Zoned Scholarship Award.
6. Must provide proof of enrollment from the accepting higher learning institution, in addition to any financial awards / grant / aid being received.
7. Must complete an entry essay of no less than 250 words and no more than 500 words. Topic: What has your participation in baseball or softball taught you that will help you be successful in your future endeavors? The essay must be the original work of the applicant.
8. Must submit at least two adult references. (One from a family member, one from a non-family member) Zoned personnel / staff references will not be accepted.
9. Must complete application and submit prior to stated due date. Applications received after due date will not be considered for scholarship awards.
Have a general question? Need help deciding what's the best option for you or your child? Fill out the form below and a Zoned representative will contact you as soon as possible.